This should walk you through ‘rotating landing pages’. This is done when you want to automatically rotate the pages your viewers see. After you accumulate a large amount of data, you can then determine which page works best, scrap the others and test more against the winner. This is called split-testing and can change the affiliate game once learned.
There are 4 parties involved in this, (My example)
– Tracking Software: (I use Prosper202, which is Free)
– My/Your Domain: (Where I will upload and point to the Landing Pages)
– Affiliate Network: (I use MaxBounty most of the time)
– Traffic Source: (I’m currently using LeadImpact)
SETTING UP PROSPER
You’ll be using the tabs in Prosper202 highlighted in red below.
1) Traffic Sources
– Don’t worry about ‘Pixel type’ & ‘Pixel Code’ for now.
2) Campaign Category
– I usually put the name of the affiliate network here.
– Here you’ll set up some details about your campaign. This will be added to your campaign list as you can see on the right under ‘MaxBounty’. It will get pretty crowded so make sure you name it in a way that you can understand yet it provides the information you need.
Campaign name: For example ‘BQ_Round_US’ to me means, BestQuotes, (name of the offer), Round: I’m rotating the offer & US: I’m targeting US countries. I can later set up a campaign and name it BQ_Direct_UK_25 which would mean BestQuotes, Direct Linking, Targeting UK 25 year olds. Get the idea? You can come up with your own way of naming your campaigns.
Affiliate URL: You will get this from the offer page within the affiliate network you’ve signed up under. You have to add ‘&s1=[[subid]]’ at the end of your URL so it will display the keywords that convert for you.
4) Landing Pages
– Here you’ll add the different landing pages you are testing. Eg, for split testing between 2 landing pages & direct linking you will add your 2 landing pages here.
LP Nickname: Name this whatever you want.
Landing Page URL: Ok, this is where you’ll place the URL where you have saved your file to point to your landing page so that when someone visits this URL they will see your landing page.
6) Get LP Code
– We’ve skipped the #5 Prosper202 tab as it’s not required here.
Select the landing page you have created and click the ‘Generate Tracking Link button’. Now, there are two pieces of codes required here. ‘Inbound Java Script Code’ & ‘Option 1: Landing Page Outbound PHP Redirect Code.’
Inbound Java Script Code: Paste this just above the </head> tag in your Landing Page file as shown above
Option 1: Landing Page Outbound PHP Redirect Code: Paste this in a completely seperate file and name it ‘whateveryouwant.php’. I usually call it go.php. This is what your buttons on your landing page will point to, to redirect people to your offer. The button URL should look something like this ‘go.php’, that’s if you’ve set it up like I have, (see below).
7) Destination URLs
‘Generate Tracking Link’: Here you’re simply selecting the details and clicking ‘generate tracking link’. This link, when inserted into your browser should show your landing page, (make sure you do this to test if it works!). Get the ‘tracking links’ for each of your landing pages and/or direct links and paste in a separate notepad file for now.
SETTING UP MY/YOUR DOMAIN
For convenience I set up the folders just like the diagram below. Notice how each of the landing page folders has their own landing page file and go.php, (which you should have got from #6).
count.txt: The only thing this file contains is the number ‘1’ or ‘0’. 1 indicates equal rotation meaning the rotator script, Scroll down for the rotator script), will display an equal number of pops. ‘0’ indicates random. Make sure you set CHMOD of your count.txt file to 777. This just means that when you upload this into your hosting, you right click the file and click ‘file permissions’ and tick all the boxes till the below number says 777.
Here is your rotating script. I name it index.php and place the links you’ve just generated in it just like in the image above next to the $lander = texts. This is the only think you edit in this file.
SETTING UP MY CAMPAIGN IN TRAFFIC SOURCE
The last step is to now point to the ‘li’ folder in our example in your traffic source campaign set up. Even though your pointing to just the folder remember that any file named ‘index.html or index.php’ will automatically be selected hence I name my rotation script index.php.
These Resources helped me understand this concept more so check them out if you need some more info. They’re in order of what was most beneficial to me. You can always just post below or contact me if you still have questions.
Incoming search terms:
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1821 ttNReXfdqb_lzQ9Ifp1636lMRnKPqlu5_Gov5plfvAGbjkj-bYSkIdO6GOdmmTzb 6e2932d4905f442d6fac78cf9f297453dbc7a155&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme