Overtime you’ll realize a few things about the affiliate marketing industry,
• The initial learning curve is huge
• It requires a lot of patience and determination
• There’s a lot of hard work that goes into the initial stages of building campaigns, researching, trying out things, etc
• you need to understand the idea of ‘spending money to make money’. Much of your initial money will be spent on trying out things and although you may not see any income straight away, you’ll be learning a lot and that’s where the value is.
• Anyone can do it if you stick with it long enough and are serious about it
• Lastly, you can still make BIG money via affiliate marketing
If you want to make this a career you need to understand the above. Many people give up because they expect a return straight away or within the next week, or month at least. It took me 3 months to break even after spending over $5,000. It make take longer or shorter for you but with experience comes better decision making and over time you WILL make that money back if you keep learning.
Expanding your Business
Paid Affiliate Marketing is just one part of my business. I also do some consulting services on the side that bring me $500-$1500 a month. The beauty of this is there is not costs involved so it’s more secure than running a pure Paid Affiliate Marketing Business. I’m also trying to build some long term websites which are slowly growing. Over time you want to get to a stage where you’re making money off multiple streams or areas.
If we were to just apply this to purely paid affiliate marketing, you want to make sure that after you have found a campaign that’s making you money and you’ve expanded it to a point where your happy with it, you need to work on other campaigns! Campaigns die all the time and so it’s important to have a good 3 or 4 campaigns that are bringing in the dough. This way you can sleep soundly at night and not worry about having your business wiped out within a day, (which has happened to many people).
It all comes in time though, concentrate on one thing and slowly keep expanding your knowledge base. The most important thing is to never give up, if you can do this with patience you will be successful with affiliate marketing as a lifestyle and what lies at the other end of this is one of the most rewarding careers in the world in my opinion.
Hopefully this series has helped you guys! Hopefully, you have an idea on what I do as an affiliate marketer. Keep in mind that you’re never going to know EXACTLY what you need to do to start making money as each journey is different. I suggest you to just jump in once you think you have somewhat enough knowledge.
Visit the ‘Beginner Resources‘ Page for more reading material
Good luck 🙂